- Turn on the programmer and get to the Product Handlers list.
- Plug a regular telephone line into the TELCO port at the top of the programmer (it is important that the phone line being used be capable of pulse or rotary dialing as this is how the D5200 will dial).
- On the programmer, scroll up to the UPDATE handler and press Enter Group.
- In the HandName field, type the name of the handler you would like to download then press the white ENTER button.
- Always leave Include Help set to NO.
- In the Phone field, enter the handler update phone number: 1-800-657-4584 (without the dashes).
- Scroll down to the Mode field and use the space bar to change it until it says Telco-> A then press the white ENTER button. The programmer should start dialing out to download the handler. This may taked several minutes to successfully download a handler; the D5200 will display the status of the download.
There are a couple of other things to be aware of. First, the programmer has a limited amount of memory and it is a good idea to check in DISKSTAT to be sure there are enough free kilobytes left so that after you finish downloading the handler(s) needed, you still have enough memory to work with programs (around 70 kilobytes or higher is a good idea).
Also, in step 7 above, it says to choose Telco->; this is assuming you want to save the handler to your A disk. If you have a B disk and you would like to download to it instead, just choose Telco->B instead.